Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Haley's big surprise...



First, Let me explain the reasoning behind the surprise. Haley has always had pretty cheap furniture and a mattress with box springs for a bed in her room. She did have everything matching...curtains, bedspread, and table with chair but it wasn't very fancy for a little girl. This never really bothered her until recently. I guess she has been to several of her girly friend's houses and loved their rooms. I felt bad b/c Parker got all new furniture when he was born. So his room is pretty cute. So me and Willie decided we needed to do the same for Haley. She loves surprises and it was part of her Christmas from us so we sent her to my mom & dads for a night so we could completely redo her room. I was so excited...especially shopping for everything and trying to find exactly what I was looking for.


Here are a few pictures. They aren't great b/c I took them with my phone.









Needless to say she loved it! And its girly but something she can use for several years without out growing it quickly. We chose black furniture b/c its really trendy (I think) and again she won't outgrow it before she moves out of our house. So it was worth the money we spent for it. She also got a black desk but I didn't have a picture of it. I had a hard time finding curtians that were a good match so my grandmother made the curtains for us. She did a great job!
She also made Haley a lamp for Christmas that matches.

All of this excitment got Haley really geared up for Christmas the next week!
Here is a picture (not a great one) of our Christmas tree this year.

1 comment:

Kim said...

So fun!! You KNOW I love zebra! ;) It really is all so cute, you did a great job! I am glad she loved it. And good idea getting something they won't outgrow for a while!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers