Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ballet

Haley is in ballet this year at Patty Harper and loves it! A few years ago the owner of the studio decided to break away from The Nutcracker and start her own Christmas show. (Once Upon a Christmas Eve). I personally like it a lot better than the Nutcracker b/c its a lot more entertaining. So this year Haley was a penguin in the Once Upon a Christmas Eve production. She was very excited about getting on stage and getting flowers afterwards...LOL. (such a girl)
I new that there would be lots of rehearsals and practices but I don't think I realized how exhausting it was going to be. It was worth it but man am I am tired. There were several days that I didn't get to see my baby boy before he went to bed. There were days that we didn't get home from practice until midnight. It was crazy!!
Here is a picture of Haley at one of the dress rehearsals before she put her costume on.

If you can't tell she has on more make-up than I wear on a daily basis. We were instructed to have bright red lipstick and lots of glitter with bright eyes. Haley was all for it!

This is Haley all ready to go on stage and perform.

I know Haley had lots of fun during this whole process but it wore me completely out not being home everyday and losing so much sleep. Needless to say I got sick the first performance day with a sinus infection (still fighting it) I am sure its from exhaustion.

Haley has informed me that next year she wants to be a snowman (tap dancer) and a penguin! (shoot me now!!)

I will try to post a video of her performance sometime this week.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers